WORLD VOICE DAY
16th April, 2008, commencing 6.30p.m.
Atherton Tableland and Cairns Dystonia Support Group.
The goals of this event are:
. To present the opportunity for the medical / health professional community in Far North Queensland (FNQ) to increase their knowledge from specialists regarding Movement Disorders (MD).
. To establish a network of health professionals in FNQ interested in MD’s.
. To establish a MD’s network / support group in FNQ.
. To increase resources for individuals to access,
- timely referrals,
- specialist assessments,
- management services,
- appropriate equipment & support.
6.30PM: Registration Table:
- Meet and greet.
- Welcome drinks and canapés.
- Juice, soft drinks and water provided.
- Bar available to self-purchase alcoholic beverages.
- Poster displays.
7.00PM: Move through to dining room:
- Official welcome.
- Buffet dinner.
- Guest speakers presentations.
- Panel members receiving and responding to questions.
- Pharmaceutical sample displays.
Guest speakers and Panel Members:
- Dr John O’Sullivan. Neurologist. Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital.
- Ms Karen O’Maley C.N.C., Movement Disorders. Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital.
- Ms Gail Rogers. Speech Pathologist. Cairns Speech Pathology.
- Mrs Suzanne Bayliss. Social Worker (retired). Suzanne has dystonia.
More speakers and panel members to be confirmed.
If you are interested in attending this event or would like more information, please contact me by email:- s(dot)j(dot)bayliss@bigpond(dot)com(dot)au.